It is important that your representative has authorization with CRA. Currently the only way to get a business account authroized is to do it through the online portal at CRA called "My Busines Account"
Here is a video you should watch to setup your account. Once that is done, you can add us as your represenative.
NEW CLIENT ONBOARDING FOR TAXES
- Once we get T1013 processed with CRA we can continue
- Next will send them an engagement letter once cra authorization is in place
- Then we can down load prior yr to start comparisons so we do not miss anything
- Review prior year physical tax returns for familiarity of file
- Get 2020 info as available from client or cra
- Finalize tax returns, review any items of concern with client
- Get T183 signed
- Process tax return with CRA
- Check assessment once processed, compare with submission
- Documents along with tax return and assessment to be given to client, copy may be scanned if business, rental, or emailing to client or high probability of return to e required in future for third party, ie mortgage renewals, etc.